An EB-5 Visa provides the Green Card, allowing the investor and his or her immediate family to live, study, work, and retire anywhere in the United States. The EB-5 program helps foreigners obtain a coveted piece of American life while stimulating the US economy through job creation.
What is EB5 VISA?
Like many countries, the U.S. provides a means of entry for people who will pump money into its economy. This is known as the employment fifth preference—or “EB-5”—immigrant visa, which allows people to obtain permanent residence immediately upon entry to the United States.
However, applicants for a U.S. green card based on investment must not only invest between $500,000 and $1 million in a U.S. business.
EB-5 Visa Benefits:
- One of the fastest methods to gain permanent residency in the United States for the investor, his/her spouse, and unmarried children under 21 years of age
- Freedom to live and work anywhere in the U.S
- Education benefits such as access to public elementary, middle, and high-school schools and lower cost in-state tuition at public colleges and universities
- No visa sponsor requirements
- No H-1B work visa needed for employment
- No backlog of visa applications from previous years for most countries
- No specific employment or residency requirements for US Permanent Residents, who received Green Cards through the EB-5 Program
- No requirement that investors or their families be fluent in English
- Holders of permanent Green Cards are eligible to make flexible travel arrangements outside the US